Dr. Ayman El-Hatab, Consultant Clinical Genetics provides healthcare for children and adults with confirmed or suspected genetic diseases, or with family history of genetic diseases. We provide clinical evaluation, perform genetic tests, advise on management, and do genetic counseling for patients and families.
Genetic evaluation aims to identify the genetic causes of diseases which can help in directing management, providing knowledge about the disease and its prognosis, understanding the inheritance and recurrent risk, and applying prevention.
Among the numerous genetic and inherited conditions that we provide care for are:
- Fetal malformations and suspected genetic diseases in fetus
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Birth defects and congenital malformations
- Intrauterine fetal death
- Developmental delay, intellectual disability, and behavioral disorders
- Growth failure
- Down syndrome and other chromosomal and genetic syndromes
- Inborn error of metabolism (metabolic disorders) and mitochondrial disorders
- Familial hereditary cancers
- Inherited and genetic neurological, endocrine, cardiovascular, pulmonary, renal, gastrointestinal, skeletal, dermatological, immunological, and hematological diseases
- Inherited and genetic hearing impairment and eye diseases
- Genetic counseling for carriers of genetic diseases
- Genetic counseling for prevention of inherited genetic diseases