Dr Amna Shah is a British Consultant Dermatologist experienced in all aspects of general dermatology for adults and children.
Dr Amna graduated from the University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne medical school, subsequently completing postgraduate core medical training at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. The completion of a competitive and rigorous higher specialist dermatology training programme in the East Midlands Deanery followed this. During this time, Dr Amna gained extensive experience managing general and sub-specialist adult and paediatric dermatological conditions at the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Northampton General Hospital and Kettering General Hospital. Before joining Genesis Healthcare Centre, Dr Amna moved to the UAE in 2021 and worked as a Consultant Dermatologist at Kings College Hospital London Dubai and Medicentres.
Dr Amna consults in all areas of general adult and paediatric dermatology. She has vast experience managing inflammatory disorders affecting the hair, skin and nails, skin cancer and dermatological surgery.
Dr Amna is a member of key dermatology organisations, including the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD), British Society of Medical Dermatology (BSMD) and Emirates Dermatology Society (EDS) and regularly participates in academic meetings, keeping up to date with the latest advances and research in dermatology. She has an active interest in medical education, has published articles in leading dermatology journals and presented extensively at national and international conferences.
Dr Amna strives for the highest standard of evidence-based inclusive, patient-centred care for those she looks after to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Treatments offered by Dr Amna include:
• Acne and rosacea treatment
• Inflammatory skin conditions, including use of systemic and biologic treatments for psoriasis, eczema and urticaria
• Pigmentation treatment
• Mole check/mapping for suspected skin cancer
• Mole removal (benign and malignant)
• Wart, milia, skin tag, cyst removal
• Cryotherapy for treatment of warts/verruca and precancerous lesions
• Intra-lesional steroid injections for acne cysts, keloid/hypertrophic scarring and hair loss
• Patch testing for contact allergy
• Personalised skincare plans
• Botulinum toxin injections
• Platelet-rich plasma for skin rejuvenation and hair loss
• Prohfilo skin treatment
If you would like an appointment with Dr Amna please get in touch.