Complete wellness check-up. What to expect, and why you need one!
When was the last time you had a full wellness check? Perhaps you have never done one? Well now is the time to put your health first.
You will find that your insurance usually covers it, it doesn’t take much time, and it’s a great way to learn about your present and future health.
Most people think that if they are healthy, they can skip their annual wellness checkup, but this isn’t the case. Wellness checkups are a type of preventative care. Preventative healthcare focuses on maintaining wellness and stopping health problems before they occur.
- Full blood count
- Glucose and HbA1c for diabetes screening
- Lipid panel and cardiac risk evaluation
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Vitamin D
- Thyroid function
- Liver function
- Kidney function
- Urine analysis
- Stool analysis for colon cancer screening
- Pap smear for cervical cancer screening (women)
- PSA for prostate cancer screening (men)
- Doctor consultation and follow up
Book your wellness appointment now at Genesis Healthcare Center with our Family Medicine Specialist Dr Fiona Rennie.